Sunday, April 2, 2017

Coping Skills Treasure Hunt

This is a fun activity for a group - especially of young kids.  I used business cards and printed a treasure chest on one side and a gem with a coping skill on the other.  Then I "hid" them in the room.  As individuals searched and found them, they did the action on the card.

Examples of card actions:
  • Blow bubbles.
  • Do a finger maze.
  • Fill your cheeks with air, hold for 5 seconds, exhale.
  • Place your hands on opposite shoulders and squeeze.
  • Get a fly off your nose without using your hands.
  • Stand in a circle. Going around the circle, each person says "When I feel ____, I do ____." Everyone follows the action.
  • Do a guided meditation.
  • Draw an emotion.
  • Crumple paper and throw it into a basket.
  • Compliment someone.
I'm sure you can think of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment